15 Jan Face It to Support Child Advocacy Day in Frankfort
The Face It Movement is heading to the capital. Partners from several organizations within the Face It Movement will be in attendance to show support for Child Advocacy Day in Frankfort on Thursday, January 16th.
Child Advocacy Day is dedicated to coming together and speaking up on behalf of children.
Face It partners in attendance include the Center for Women and Families, Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C), Family and Children’s Place, Home of the Innocents, Kosair Charities, Kentucky Youth Advocates, Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky, Sunrise Children’s Services and Uspiritus.
In addition, we are excited to have Dan Fox, a leader of the Face It Policy team, speaking on child welfare at the Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children mini-seminars.
The schedule of events is as follows:
10:00 a.m.-10:45 a.m.– Children’s Advocacy Day Rally
Confirmed speakers for the rally include:
- RaShaan Allen, Boys and Girls Club of America Military Youth of the Year
- Senator Whitney Westerfield and Representative John Tilley – Youth Justice
- Jeanne Miller-Jacobs, Grandparent from Northern Kentucky raising her grandchildren – kinship care
- Adrienne Bush, Hazard Perry County Community Ministries, Inc. – child care restoration
- LaRosa Shelton, High school student from Louisville – smoke-free
11:00 a.m.-12:45 p.m.- Blueprint mini-seminars
- *Schedule of speakers to be available the day of event
1:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. -KIDS COUNT Briefing and Award Ceremony
*Governor and First Lady attending
- The KIDS COUNT Briefing and Award Ceremony is a way to learn about the state of KY kids and why advocating for children is important to move the needle in the right direction on kids’ issues. We are also giving out several awards to legislators and the Governor and First Lady for their work on various children’s issues including health, the child fatality review panel, increasing high school graduation and human trafficking.
1:30 p.m.-Meet & Greet with legislators for session on the steps to the House and Senate Chamber
2:00 p.m.- House and Senate in Session
5:30 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.– Legislative Reception
About the Face It Movement: The Face It Movement, conceived and created in 2012 as a response to the public outcry against the increasing number of child abuse deaths in the Commonwealth, officially launched on April 9, 2013, as a 10-year initiative led by Kosair Charities; its vision is that by 2023 all children in Jefferson County will be free from abuse and neglect. Face It directly addresses the increasingly unacceptable number of child abuse deaths in Jefferson County and the surrounding areas with best practices in child abuse prevention, community engagement and the promotion of effective policies to improve the child welfare system. For further information visit http://faceitabuse.org. Socially, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/