31 Mar Highlighting Child Abuse Prevention Month in Face It’s Daily Calendar
Keeping kids safe is an adult responsibility. Child Abuse Prevention Month serves as a reminder each year that we can all be the face that ends child abuse and neglect, both in our community and across Kentucky. In April, follow along on social media as Face It posts a daily reminder of the many action steps we can each take to keep kids safer in our community. We challenge you to share the posts throughout the month to promote child safety tips, family engagement ideas, Face It partner information, and much more.
Some highlights from Face It’s Child Abuse Prevention Month: April 2019 Daily Calendar include:
- April 2: Looking for something to do today with the kiddos? Head to the nearest library! Read a book together and ask what they think will happen next. Need other free, family fun activity ideas for Spring break? Check out the “10 Free Activities to do with Your Child” handout here.
- April 6: Have you signed up for Face It text alerts yet? Text “FacingIt” to 555-888 between now and April 30th to enter to win a basket of goodies for a family fun night!
- April 13: Children make messes; they spill their milk when trying to be independent or draw on the walls when expressing their creativity. Instead of raising your voice, allow this to be a teaching moment and let your child explore how to clean up their own mess. You’ll have the opportunity to connect with them and they’ll have the opportunity to learn from you. And maybe they’ll be a little more careful next time 😉
- April 22: Milestones matter! Track your child’s milestones from age 2 months to 5 years with CDC checklists, get tips for encouraging your child’s development, and find out what to do if you are ever concerned about how your child is developing here.
- April 27: Talking to your child about their bodies and personal boundaries is key to keeping them safe. Find tips on empowering your child, information on possible warning signs of abuse, and more in Face It’s Body Safety 101 Guide here.