03 Aug TEN-4 Awareness Day 2021 + FREE Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma Prevention & Recognition Trainings
This October, the Kosair Charities Face It Movement is once again hosting a series of Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma Prevention & Recognition Trainings (October 4-8, 2021) and bringing awareness to the critically important TEN-4 Bruising Rule.
Pediatric abusive head trauma (AHT), or shaken baby syndrome, is a severe form of child abuse that most often involves infants. In these Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma Prevention & Recognition trainings, participants will learn the early signs of maltreatment and the various injuries and conditions that may result from vigorous shaking, slamming, or impacting the head of an infant or young child. They will also be provided tools for dealing with a crying infant and ways to share information with parents to prevent abuse from occurring.
SAVE THE DATE: On Monday, October 4th, we will gather at the Kentucky State Capitol for a TEN-4 Awareness Day kick-off event and proclamation signing with Governor Andy Beshear and other elected officials. More details to come, including information to tune in virtually.
This year we are offering FIVE virtual training options! REGISTER for one of the trainings HERE.
– Monday, October 4th at 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM ET with Dr. Vinod Rao, Child Abuse Pediatrician
– Tuesday, October 5th at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET with Dr. Melissa Currie, Child Abuse Pediatrician
– Wednesday, October 6th at 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM ET with Dr. Jenny Green, Child Abuse Pediatrician
– Thursday, October 7th at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET with Dr. Jaime Pittenger-Kirtley, Child Abuse Pediatrician
– Friday, October 8th at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET with Carla Hay, Pediatric Forensic Nurse — NOTE: This specialized training is for Dentists and Dental Hygienists. Details and registration HERE.
*CEUs are AVAILABLE for Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Early Childhood Educators, Emergency Medical Service providers, Medical (CME), and Nursing. CEUs are PENDING for Kentucky Social Workers, Psychologists, Family Resource Center Coordinators (FRYSC), Continuing Legal Education (CLEs), and others. We will provide updates as CEUs are approved*
Stay tuned in the coming weeks as we share more information about participating in TEN-4 Awareness Day and helping spread the word in your community.
These trainings are provided for free with the support of Kosair Charities. If you would like to support their work on child abuse prevention, please consider designating a donation to their child abuse prevention fund at kosair.org/donate/.