26 Sep TEN-4 Awareness Day 2022 + FREE Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma Prevention & Recognition Trainings
This October, the Kosair Charities Face It Movement is once again hosting a series of Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma Prevention & Recognition Trainings (October 4th – 7th, 2022) and bringing awareness to the critically important TEN-4 Bruising Rule.
Pediatric abusive head trauma (AHT), or shaken baby syndrome, is a severe form of child abuse that most often involves infants. In these Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma Prevention & Recognition trainings, participants will learn the early signs of maltreatment and the various injuries and conditions that may result from vigorous shaking, slamming, or impacting the head of an infant or young child. They will also be provided tools for dealing with a crying infant and ways to share information with parents to prevent abuse from occurring.
SAVE THE DATE: On Tuesday, October 4th, we will gather virtually for a TEN-4 Awareness Day kick-off event on Facebook Live.
CEUs are available for Kentucky Social Workers, Early Childhood Educators, Emergency Medical Service providers, Dentists & Dental Hygienists, FRYSC, and Nursing.
This year we are offering both virtual and in-person training options!
– Tuesday, October 4th at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET with Dr. Jennie Green, Child Abuse Pediatrician — IN PERSON at the South Central Regional Library – REGISTER HERE
– Wednesday, October 5th at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET with Dr. Melissa Currie, Child Abuse Pediatrician — VIRTUAL – REGISTER HERE
– Thursday, October 6th at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET with Dr. Kelsey Gregory, Child Abuse Pediatrician — IN PERSON in Lexington – UK College of Nursing – REGISTER HERE
– Friday, October 7th at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET with Carla Hay, MSN, RN, SANE, Child Abuse Pediatrician — VIRTUAL for Dentists and Dental Hygienists are invited to participate in a specialized training on Friday, October 7th at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET with Carla Hay, Pediatric Forensic Nurse, RN, MSN, SANE, AFN-C . REGISTER HERE.
Follow along on our social media next week as we share more information about the TEN-4 Bruising Rule and ways we can all work to keep kids safe.These trainings are provided for free with the support of Kosair Charities. If you would like to support their work on child abuse prevention, please consider designating a donation to their child abuse prevention fund at kosair.org/donate/.
Check out these Positive Parenting Events throughout October. You can find more information on our events page.
- 10.4.2022 TAPP school
- 10.8.22 Play Cousins
- 10.11.22 Ohio Valley Educational Cooperative- OVEC
- 10.13.22 Critically Loved
- 10.22.22 Seven Counties
- 10.26.22 Family Nurturing Center
- 10.27.22 Neighborhood House