30 Mar Highlighting Child Abuse Prevention Month in Face It’s Daily Calendar
Keeping kids safe is an adult responsibility. Child Abuse Prevention Month serves as a reminder each year that we can all be the face that ends child abuse and neglect, both in our community and across Kentucky. In April, follow along on social media as Face It posts a daily reminder of the many action steps we can each take to keep kids safer in our community.
Some highlights from Face It’s Child Abuse Prevention Month: April 2018 Daily Calendar include:
- April 3: Raising children is tough. Offer to help when you can. Ask for help when you need it.
- April 8: One way to commit to preventing child abuse is volunteering time to a child- or youth-serving organization. Reach out to one of Face It’s many partners and offer to volunteer. To see all of the Face It partner organizations, please visit: org
- April 11: Caregivers talking to children about their bodies, body safety, and personal boundaries is key in keeping them safe. It’s never too early to start the conversation. Learn more about how to have these conversations in Body Safety 101 guide available at: org
- April 20: If you know someone who is pregnant or has a newborn, encourage them to join the HANDS program. A trusted professional will come to their home to help ease the transition to becoming a parent. Learn more at com.
- April 24: Strong state policies help to strengthen communities and keep kids safe from abuse, and legislators in Kentucky have demonstrated their commitment to keeping kids safe. Visit faceitabuse.org to learn more about recent state policy wins around background checks, additional trainings for professionals, child abuse disclosures, and more.
View the Child Abuse Prevention Month: April 2018 Daily Calendar as a PDF here and as an image gallery below. Learn more about Face It’s more than 40 partner organizations here.
Thank you to Creative Countdown for their partnership and support in producing this calendar.