- This event has passed.
6th Annual Community Shield Conference
October 25, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
The 6th Annual Community Shield Conference Uprooting Inequity: Personal to Institutional will be on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2018
• Participants identify how racism represents a system of power.
• Participants trace how racism has shaped local and state programs and policies.
• Participants recognize how implicit bias impacts service providers’ ability to
provide equitable services.
• Participants distinguish one or more action steps to effectively respond to implicit
bias and racism.
Who should attend? Social Workers, Counselors, Psychologists, Teachers, After School Care Providers, Child Care Providers, Nurses and other medical professionals, EMS, Faith-Based youth ministers, trauma workers, non-profit executives, DOJ and DCBS personnel.
Registration (includes tax) Breakfast & Lunch Are Included
• General Admission: $75
• Community Shield Partners: $60
• Students: $10
• Scholarships are available Register:HERE
Contact email@example.com with questions.
CEUs & Childcare credits pending.